A lot of appointments falling through

It’s been a hard week, but it’s been really awesome though too. We’ve worked hard even though we’ve had a lot of disappointments.
Anyways, we had an awesome preparation day. We were going to go mountain biking, but that didn’t pan out because we didn’t have enough time. Instead, we went on a zone hike which was super fun and I got my flight itinerary in the mail. So sad that I’m leaving in a few weeks.
Tuesday, we did weekly planning. We started a bit late because we decided that we’ve been too distracted as of late so we moved our tables around to be more focused and then organized our supplies so our study room was cleaner but we had a great weekly planning session and it was very revelatory. We were going to teach a lesson to an investigator family but they were headed out for some sort of family trip. Later, we had dinner with a less-active member followed by a lesson with an investigator who is progressing very quickly despite the fact that she won’t commit to baptism yet.
Wednesday, we did my plan here at the library and then went home so we could have companionship study and be home for the housing coordinator couple to come pick up a few items that were in our home/bring us a much desired couch. We then had lunch with our district leaders (on them, how nice!). After that we went biking to find people home, including biking up a huge hill. All was well going up and back down, but as soon as we got off the hill and were on the main drag, I got a flat tire. We were there for probably an hour fussing over how to get it patched, which wasn’t working, when a less active member saw us and brought us an our bikes to our car to go home and wash up. Later, during KnockOut we almost got arrestted for knocking in a gated community, but the security people didn’t find us until we were walking to our dinner appointment in the community. Matthew 25:35-40 reminded me a lot of this event. https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/matt/25.35,36,37,38,39,40?#24
Thursday, we had district meeting. We then went on exchanges with another companionship because they both had doctors appointments at different times so we as a trio split up so they could still have missionaries covering their area. Elder Carter and I stayed in our area and a lot of our appointments that we had scheduled cancelled.
Friday, we had interviews with President Henrie. That was fun. We found out that Elder Carter got his visa and will be flying out on May 15 to India. I don’t recall if I told you about that or not that he was a visa water. Later, we did some service for a member
Saturday, was a seemingly blurred day in my memory. We visited with many people but not many people were interested. However, it was quite cold all day because it had rained earlier.
Sunday, it was still cold with the chance of more rain. During church, the skies were calm. I gave my final testimony in a fast & testimony sacrament meeting which was very hard but I got through it. After church, the skies opened, the rains came, the lightning struck, and for the first time in my time here in California real heard through out the mission. The storm ended before we got to knockout. After dinner, we had another lesson with our progressing investigator that I previously talked about.


Elder Blodgett

California San Fernando Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints