Wow! This has been quite the week! We have seen miracles all over the place. Well, let me just break it down from here.

Last week, we had a cool p-day activity to get to know the other members of the zone. Previously, the zone seemed to be really divided and nobody knew each other and there were no zone activities on preparation days. It seems to be changing this transfer.  (He sent photos of all of their name tags on the California flag and missionaries eating a cookie or taco or ?? tied to a string, hanging from the ceiling.)

On Tuesday, we had a fantastic weekly planning. We met with our investigator Jason who is still unable to come out of his apartment yet. We also met with a recent convert of approximately one year who we are now teaching about the temple with her. She looks forward to taking out her endowments.  (Must be an adult member for at least a year, in good standing in the church.  We make additional covenants with our Heavenly Father and receive additional instruction to enable us to return to live with Him and our families forever after the resurrection.)

Wednesday, we went on exchanges with the Spanish elders in my district. I went in to the Spanish area where I was on bike with Elder Garner, and Elder Moon remained in North Hollywood. It was cool to learn a little bit of Spanish while I was there and to be in on bike to get some exercise. While I was gone, Elder Moon and Elder Garner’s companion, Elder Santana picked up 3 new investigators during knockout, all under the age 23 (23, 19, and 16).

The next day after the exchange, we had knockout again and on the last door we knock on, a man lets us in and teach him. His son recently passed away in the past 6 months and has been looking for a message to uplift him so we picked up another investigator there. Later that night, I gave my first baptismal interview and she passed! (To confirm the individual wants to be baptized for the right reasons.)

On Friday we again went on exchanges with the zone leaders and there, we had a super cool miracle where we knocked on the door of a less active member who the previous missionaries had been working with before the emergency transfer. They were so happy to see us. They were also surprised by the fact that the homebound sacrament (communion) passing hadn’t been by them in several months, so they were also happy to see us to get that started again.

When we got home the next day, after exchanges, it turned out this was one of the families that President Henrie told us not to go to because of something to do with the emergency transfer. Later that evening was a baptism, for the same woman I gave the baptismal interview for. It was super exciting to see her enter the waters of baptism. We also made a visit to Dean who still has not made it out to church.

On Sunday, our last miracle of the week was a man who randomly waked in to church for sacrament meeting. He is apparently interested in the church and happened to sit next to the member who will be feeding us this Wednesday. She invited him to come over for dinner with us so we will begin teaching him on Wednesday!

Some of you may wonder if Allen has been affected by the significant rain received in recent weeks in California. He sent a photo of a truck in front of a puddle, with a caption  “When it rains it pours”.  It appears there are large puddles on the side of the road, but you can still see the curb.

Elder Blodgett
California San Fernando Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints